View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I havent done the firewall yet. The intake manifold, timing cover, water pump (backing plate chromed), alternator (chromed), pulley and brackets, fuel pump (chromed) valve covers, all manifold fittings (chromed) polished to a mirror finish. They had been polished previously but allowed to tarnish over time.

Slave cylinder and bracket painted black. I used the correct lenght hose this time, it looks much better and have slave cylinder perfectly perpindicular to clutch fork. Drive shaft removed and painted black, (found drive shaft bolts loose. Transmission fluid changed to synchromesh. Ebrake working perfect. All gauges working. Installed convex mirror on side mirror it is now functional. Splitting hairs but i would like to remount the rearview mirror to the dash. Carburator adjusted correctly. Ride height adjusted correctly. Correct motor mounts installed. Phenolic spacer between carb and manifold (no more vapor lock). Replaced distributor cap since rotor tab not bent up touching button and ate the old button away. I also pressure washed the chassis, that was a cold miserable job on my back, i am so fuked up i then went jet sking, by the way that was like December 27th? i started loosing dexterity in my fingers after 3 hours on the lake. My jet ski is fast!!!!! and small, 65 mph Kawasaki forever!!!

Remaining work is header and sidepipes recoated and a little more polishing on the wheels.

In the end the best improvement so far has been the ebrake, no more 2X4's when I back it out of the garage to let it warm up followed by the phenolic spacer between carb and manifold.

As you can see by the aforementioned getting burned out, if not I would remove the firewall and polish to mirror finish but enough. By the way all was accomplishe in the last 7 weeks.

After I get the headers and sidepipes redone I would put it up against any superformance out there. The only thing that pisssssssssses me off is the pasenger side, side pipe opening, bottom has been deformed due to installer not using the correct mounts.

There is a Kirkham on ebay right now fully polished, how the heck would one ever keep it from tarnishing living on the gulf coast. I would love to have it...

Keep forgetting wired tachometer correctly and switched to wooden steering wheel for classic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordean View Post
Pics please....... and which solution did you go with?

Last edited by madmaxx; 01-20-2014 at 11:40 AM..