View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delay in posting, had to do some work for a couple of days.

I'll post a video soon as I get it uploaded on YouTube ( iPad won't do it for some reason).

In the mean time here's some photos from today, car is basically finished with only a couple of the small compliance items to finish, just waiting on parts that were promised and have been paid for but I guess the mail from the Gold Coast must take months like everything else down there.

Ok so today I basically have been through the car front to back checking everything, my motor had a few water leaks on the valley bolts not sure how or why when the engine has supposedly been on a dyno but anyway fixed these and started it a few times (just love that sound starting it had nothing to do with what I was actually doing lol).

I tensioned up all my coil overs (sorry no pics but I'm sure you know what a shock and spring look like) then I bled all the brakes and clutch.

[/url]

Originally I was going to modify the Kirkham brake cylinders for my float switches for brake warning lights but now have just decided to go with the cap units I haven't found any I like yet so will probably end up making my own so they fit in with everything else.

Bleeding the whole brake system was really easy the wilwood calipers on the front have 4 separate bleed screws so it's really easy to make sure you have all the air out.

[/url]

One of the pains with doing all this at work is the staff bugging you while your working anyway a bit of quick paper work and back to the real fun.

[/url]

After the brakes were all bled I couldn't help but put some boots on her I've ended up putting the Avon CR6ZZ's there no where near as nice as the billboards I probably should have kept them but too late now anyway the Avons actually feel like a softer tyre so might be better for what I'm running anyway.

[/url]

[/url]

She's off the work stand now and sitting proud in the workshop, just have to put the doors and bonnet back on and she's off to the exhaust shop for a set of cats and the the suspension shop for final set up.