Thread: Goodbye Kansas
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA2076 View Post
One other thing - we are not trying to run 200 - we need to run 155 - that is all.
I ran 155 with zero aero and wide open cockpit but with 550HP. You can easily do it near 500 I'm sure. But it was on glare ice up there and my six-hole was clamped shut.
Couple of things:
I think Webers on your 8.2 deck is good with no scoop. O'course, you wanna think about getting cold air to them...
Couple guys on here with FIA's run Webs and I think Allen's beautiful green car with LeMans roof has no scoop. Try a search.
I really think at this stage, you have to get with Morris Clement on here about aero and downforce. With an Indycar background, Morris built what I consider the ultimate Kirkham track car. Very big speed at very big tracks. His highly detailed build was posted years back on Gasholes (dunno about here) but I forget his chassis number. Maybe start a 'Hey Morris!' thread to get his attention.
He has the experience to confirm or bust your theories and prolly save you a lot of blind-alley work. His path went to 18" wheels, serious but-not-ugly roll protection, gargantuan brakes, 700 or so HP, diff cooler, belly pans and ultra-trick everything.
You can benefit if he has the time to cooperate. I'm just a crazed street rat that managed to not kill myself on street or track. (Bless you Skip Barber).