View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Just so you know, your coated pipes and mufflers are blasted, your vinyl bulkhead has already started to sun-fade and there are stone chips at the wheel lips and hips
Chas - for the O.C. bunch in the crowd (it's curse when you do your own body and paint work) I do have a solution for the wheel lip stone chips. I took 7/32 ID neoprene, vacuum hose and split it length wise. I put a little dab of 3M dum dum caulking inside it at a few points for some stick-um and pushed them over the exposed fender lips behind the tires. Pretty much invisible on a black car. I have a set of static cling clear rear wheel fender protectors made for the 63/67 Corvette that should protect that area. I've had them on my 66 Vette for about 12 years. Also purchased some Cleartastic body film for the rocker panels but I'm not sure I'm going to use it yet, depends how aggressive the adhesive is.

Cleartastic Corvette & Camaro Paint Protection 1800 778 9898

I thought it was similar to the static cling material on my Corvette which they may produce.

63-67 Behind Rear Wheel Protection

If so it is a weak adhesive that allows easy removal and re-application.

And I have ERA's rear fender vinyl protectors but I haven't installed them yet.

No solution for the blasted exhaust pipes or sun-dried vinyl (except vinyl protectant.

All for the O.C. minded right now.