View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contempoary
Not Ranked     
Default Have Cobra fever, need your help!

Thanks for reading my post.

From 1989 through 1996 I owned a company in the Cleveland, Ohio area named A.C. Exotic cars. My brother Dan and I sold, built and delivered 56 kits, rolling chassis, and full cars and trucks for clients. We started with West Coast Cobras (Vern) and moved onto become the #1 Contemporary Cobra dealer for our last six years in business. I closed the company to concentrate on growing my other business and family. My brother Dan left the business to become a very successful crew chief at McCann racing.

We built several cars for our demo fleet and want some of them back if possible. Now I’m ready to re-enter the Cobra family and would like to find my last personal car to purchase back. It was Contemporary Chassis # CCX33913 and a yellow car with a #15 on the hood and trunk and the build was featured in four issues of Kit Car Illustrated. This is a unique car with a dry sump oil system and the best of everything in the day. I miss the car and would like it back if possible.

Additionally, we built two #14 cars. One Yellow w/black stripes; and one Black w/yellow stripes. I found the Black / yellow car for sale on another website by a “Canton Johnson” in Canton Ohio (very close to home). I would also like to buy this car for my brother, even if I can locate and buy #15. I could build a new car; however, there is something special about getting one or two of our old cars back.

We also built a car for actor Lorenzo Lamas that was Black with burgundy stripes, fuel cell and Richmond 5+1 OD trans. I would be interested in this car also.

Can anybody offer any suggestions on how I might locate the car(s) and / or use the forum to help locate them? Does anyone know Canton Johnson, his contact info appears not to work?

I can offer your members deep insight into the Contemporary Cobra and have many used and take off parts still in inventory for these cars. I also have sales literature, and all of the original order sheets and invoices for each vehicle’s build (I never throw away anything).

All of our cars had a A.C. Exotic data-plate riveted under the hood. I’m looking to for any help in locating the cars (#14 yellow, #14 black, #15 and Lorenzo’s). I’m sure some of you know where many of these cars are. I can be reached at 440-667-3278 anytime or at AndyFiffick@gmail.com.

Thanks for your help.

Andy Fiffick

Mobile# 440-667-3278
Home # 330-273-1986
Fax# 330-225-2058