View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Why is no one figuring out a reliable testing procedure for originality? (NO not meaning to fuel another endless originality discussion) I mean today it is highly unlikely to rebuild a car from scratch in finding all the original bits and pieces. So if a car with provable, original, authentic parts do come up, I wouldn't wonder it is more likely to be an genuine Cobra than a recreation or bitsa.
I do doubt that finding pieces and fitting them together could be done still, and this might not have happened in the last ten or fifteen years or so. Also because the web does spread News fast and there s always someone involved who can't keep his moth shut. Even rebuilding a frame to original AC Thames Ditton specs is not an easy thing, if not entirely impossible, as there aren't any real "lying around somewhere".
Why do I Point at this? Because I think we might see one or two cars coming up in the future as values are rising so steeply, making enthusiasts who just enjoyed their stuff for decades for them selves wanting to bring them to the market.
Well, just some thoughts.

Last edited by Ghiblicup; 01-28-2014 at 02:28 PM..