View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Photo flood: CSX2287 at the Washington Auto Show (Jan 2014)

The Historic Vehicle Association (HVA) has a display at the Washington Auto Show, featuring the prototype Cobra Daytona Coupe (CSX2287) which is the first car to be "inducted" into the new National Historic Vehicle Register. The HVA is documenting the car for future generations according to the strict guidelines employed by the Library of Congress.

I happened to be travelling on business in Washington DC this week, and had some time to visit the show once my meetings wrapped up. Here are some photos from my visit. Sorry for the poor quality, but my camera is not professional grade nor are my photography skills.

Me and the Daytona Coupe

Some detail shots

The roof has been signed by Carroll Shelby, Bob Bondurant, Phil Hill, Craig Breedlove and someone whose signature I can't make out.

The HVA display also included some great signage and pop-up banners.

The U.S. Department of the Interior produced a laser-scanned line drawing of CSX2287 which is going to be placed in the Library of Congress's permanent archives. A limited run of 500 numbered prints were available to visitors who signed up for the HVA newsletter. I got print #289.