View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegazette View Post
I am looking to buy a factory five roadster complete. Preferrably in PA as registering a kit car here is very difficult. Prefer one with windshield wipers,heater top and a 302 type engine John Curnow jcurnow@pulsenet.com also manual trans mission a must.
If you buy a car already titled, the state will accept that title at "face value" 95% of the time. 5% of the time you might have to start from scratch by filling out PA state form

For that 5% of the time, I posted this a while back.......

PA is a simple state to get a kit car titled and registered, you will need, at the very least from the seller, a notarized bill of sale for the car/kit listing a chassis number (the seller should have a manufacturers certificate of origin that lists this). With that you can then CLICK HERE for the additional paperwork and steps needed to title your new find as a "specialty constructed vehicle" (emissions exempt by law in PA). The specific form is MV-426B, fill it out, submit at your local notary and await authorization for your enhanced safety inspection (not all inspection facilities can do an enhanced safety inspection, CLICK HERE for the list of approved enhanced safety inspection stations listed by county). Pass your inspection, and submit paperwork at your notary, await a new state issued VIN plate(to be installed on the passenger upper corner of your firewall in the engine compartment), and title and you are good to go. It can be done in as little as 2 weeks, it could take up to 6 weeks, all depends on how prepared your paperwork is, and how backed up the specialty title division is at that time. Finally, the car will be titled as a 2014 "SPCN CONST" vehicle......

Yes, it really is that simple.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS