View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I wish California was anywhere nearly that easy. Even on cars that you buy from a Ford, Chevy, or other dealer they can be jerks. I had a CHP officer tell me they were going to impound my 1969 NASCAR cobra because I had the ram air on it and that was a racing option. Fortunately his partner knew something about cars and told that fool that the stuff came on the car as it was a special order car and he would most likely never see another one again. Then years later the DMV sent me a letter telling me to turn in the title to it because I had no insurance and a phony license plate. It has Historical Plates that they issued. I called Sacramento and told them to pull up the records on the cart, and after 6 or 7 transfers I finally got a woman who knew what she was doing. She said the car was insured and had been since 1969 and that the plates were Historical ones and for me to throw that letter away and she would find out who sent it. So anything they can find to grip about they will. If your new Ford came with a painted air cleaner don't have it chromed or they will fail it on smog. And it seems that every DMV goes by a different set of laws.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery