Thread: Your Occupation
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

School teacher here (although I was in IT till about half way through my build) and while it pays the bills it doesnt leave me flushed with cash. However it does allow me the time to do other stuff.

Always promised myself I would build a cobra one day if I "won the lottery". This came after missing out on winning the Ampol cobra all those years ago (1990?). I dont think Im alone there.

Similar to Ash, a loss of a family member far too young was a trigger for pursuing the cobra dream despite not really having the money to really do so. Was out driving with my eldest and we saw one on the road - she flipped out and I asked her if she wanted me to build one. Rest is history.

Funded much of the cobra by selling stuff on Ebay - mainly car parts and bits and pieces, not enough to make a fortune but I reckon I would have paid for it over the 10 years Ive been selling.

Now its "finished" and registered it sits in the garage with little time to really enjoy at the moment as Im balls deep in a big house reno - fortunately it includes a new garage and eventually a hoist. I did get to take first born to her year 12 formal last year in the cobra though - about 8 years after we saw that car together. She's all grown up now.