View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

IMO, Sorted out factory rollers and factory built units; alum. or glass. From SMC, ERA, KMC, SFC with authentic replica builds to the original AC spec's. IE; 427 AC's with orig.type BBF w/orig. type 4 speed, etc. Also factory built & roller 289 FIA's & slabsides replica's with original AC spec's, will and do increase in value compared to any AC style kit. Insurance wise to say the very least. In the end; the value of any car, is in the eye of the buyer at hand! 20 years from now, both cars side by side in the same shape. Could the 2000 R be like the 69-70 Boss 429 mustang ??? Or the above listed factory AC's greatly increased in value??? Who knows! IMO, a car should be driven to it's design. I'm in the hunt for restoration parts. Not because I need them now! But because I drive my ride for what she is. A Bad Arse AC COBRA I will not wait to completely restore my AC as required. So I guess it depends on what type of driver you are & what you want? A looker/investment, a performance/investment or just an investment.

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION
THERE IS NO CURE