View Single Post
Old 04-01-2002, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     
Default Yet another brake light question

A while back, I posted a query concerning my lack of brake lights. I was promptly given the appropriate part # for ERA brake light switches. I only replaced one as my local parts store only had one in stock. The brake lights seemed to work fine afterwards, although I confess I only tried them with the car's lights (i.e., head- and taillights) switched "off".

I then went to the Texas Cobra Club's annual meet. On the way home from that, running at night with the car's lights on, I was told that I only had one brake light working. I took a quick look this past weekend and here are the symptoms: Both brake lights work when the car's lights are not on, UNLESS the left-hand turn signal is switched on, in which case only the passenger-side brake light works. When the car's lights are turned on, only the passenger-side light works, irrespective of whether the left turn signal is on.

Bob P., do you think this is related to my only having replaced one switch, or is it something else i.e. faulty wiring elsewhere, etc.? I could spend some time crawling around under the car with a circuit tester, but with a newborn at home it sure is a lot easier to type on the keyboard.

Thanks for any help anyone can lend.

Bob