Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
That's wonderful news Dave. Congratulations.
I'm very happy to hear that you're on the road to recovery.
Just goes to show that we could all do with a wake up call occasionally.
Stick with the new healthy lifestyle!!

Nice pick-up on the workshop stuff too.
Ditto from me too Dave. Keep well.

While we are on health issues, I might as well tell you about my problems. I've got to go under the knife shortly myself. I'm getting two new competition high performance valves installed in the old tick tock. Not that keen on having it done either. I know what to expect as I had open heart about 25 years ago. No driving cars, lifting weighty objects and no golf for three months.

On that occasion, I split my aorta internally when a truck came through a give way sign and wiped me off my motor cycle. I was hospitalised for 8 months with the heart problem, broken sternum, five broken bones in my spine, fractured right shoulder and severely injured both knees.

Since then I have had two full knee replacements, the veins stripped out of my right leg and a full right shoulder replacement.

I've got around $110,000 worth of titanium in me at the moment. If I'm involved in a major air crash, the chances are that I will be the only survivor as I'm made out of the same material as the 'Black Box'.

Other than that, I'm pretty healthy. My B.P. is 110/60 and my Cholesterol is 3.1.

My sister had new heart valves a few years ago. Following the operation, she spent 5 weeks in Intensive Care before passing away. You can see why I'm so apprehensive.

The problem must be generic as another of my sisters had valve replacement surgery and is still going at 85 so my odds are about even money.

I see my cardiologist on the 20th of February, in a couple of weeks time.

Baz

Last edited by Baz; 02-12-2014 at 09:54 PM..