View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
A. Why are your hood latches pointed forward with the hood closed?
B. I hate to say it but the beige looks like a stool sample under garage lights...
C. You're being very helpful to Dan. But it seems to defy logic that a top, needed for cold weather can only be erected when it's 60+ degrees. ?
A) I rarely latch the hood when it's in the garage. I tighten them before I take her out though as one of our local club members lost his hood on the highway by forgetting to latch.

B) Well, at least you hate saying it....

C) I could get it up in the cold, I think, but certainly not quickly. When AC was designing the original car I'm sure the top was the very last thing they thought of -- and it was barely more than an afterthought. There is zero chance I could get it up quickly with a thunder storm coming up on me (I keep a tarp in the trunk for that). To do a really nice job getting it up, so that it looks and fits perfectly, takes me about twenty minutes in the garage. Maybe a little longer if my thumbs start to go numb from the lift-a-dots.