View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 01:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default First real outing - few questions

Hi guys,

living in Germany and being the proud owner of SPF#1385 (460 / TKO), I took my blue/white baby for a nice spin yesterday. Fortunately, we had hardly any snow in Bavaria this year and no salt on the streets anymore.

I am trying to do as much research as possible on my Cobra, but the information sources are somewhat limited here. Therefore, many thanks to this forum.

- how high can/should I rev the 460 SVO cobrajet engine while doing a sporty acceleration run ?

- which diff did SPF build in 1998/1999 and to what percentage is it locking. Is it still the ZF 3.45:1 ?

- How do you start a cold engine? I dont find a choke (I feel like a dummy for this question)

- our highest octance gas is 98 with 10% bio-ethanol. Do I need to use additives ?

- under light breaking, I feel a light chatter from the front. Is that normal with the wilwood brakes/rotors. Are there any better pads ?

- the TKO tranni is rated with 375 torque, but the 460 has quite a bit more. Why is that, should I upgrade ?

Sorry for the long list, but a few things raise some questions and I dont want to mess anything up since I saved almost 10 years for this baby,

Thanks in advance

Jürgen W.