View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
The Ford Raptor is a mass produced production vehicle and as such has approved airbags, crash pads, collapsible steering column etc etc etc. Also there have been hundreds of Raptors imported and converted and registered legally here.

The Kirkham is not a production vehicle and as such does not have airbags etc. All new production vehicles registered in Australia must be fitted with a driver airbag minimum.

The exception to this (new vehicle registration) is ICV's and hot rods. They do not require airbags or a lot of other things that production cars require for registration.
Im not sure this is correct. To my knowledge there are 3 ADRs that apply to the steering wheel, ADR 10, ADR 69 and ADR 73. I tried to find it in the ADRs, but i think you can still comply with ADR 10/02 and not have airbags. The reason i think this is because it says in ADR 10 that if you comply with ADR 69 with airbags you are deemed to comply with 10. When all the issues were going on in NSW, I'm pretty sure that i found out you can comply with either of the ADRs but most/all manufacturers are appealing to buyers as well, not just ADRs. People want safe cars with ANCAP ratings.

Perhaps Treeve can confirm or dispute this if he is around?