Thread: Goodbye Kansas
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have the car on the floor and have spent several hours working on ride height.
This is mis-leading. I actually worked on getting the lower control arms level to the ground using a digital angle finder. The lower control arm parallel to the ground determined the ride height which came in at 4.875 with a 26.5 tire.

A problem with shorter tires is getting the wheel gaps aesthetically pleasing while maintaining good suspension geometry. If you run short tires and try to lower to make the wheel gaps look correct, the front cross member drops thru the lower control arms and you lose control of the front roll center in the transverse plane when the car rolls (according to my software). A good way to solve this would be to move the pivot points - that is above my pay grade. I am using extended lower ball joints to move the spindles up with a down side being increased steering effort and it sits where it sits.

Colin Chapman said something to the affect -

"Any suspension will work, if you don't let it"

My goal staring out is to limit front and rear, outboard roll center movement as much as possible and to try to get them to move together in as small a window as possible and then test.

chr