Old 03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing cobra 408ci
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Madmonkey,
In the absence of more info from you, we can speculate a lot about WHY your clutch is slipping. I had chronic clutch problems until I finally replaced my POS HTOB with an external hydraulic actuator / fork unit. Along the way I mistakenly kept trying more aggressive clutch discs to solve the problem. I ended up with s SPEC Stage 3 carbon-graphite clutch disc. It has never slipped but works almost like an on-off switch. With many years of practice behind me, I can manage a smooth, chatter-free departure from most traffic lights. But i still get the occasional shudder. .... The moral of my story is that it would help us answer your question better if you knew and shared with us why your clutch is slipping.

I'm no mechanic so bare with me. The vehicle shifts smoothly from gear to gear but once the clutch is engaged I can feel the loss of power. The RPMs jump if I moderately get on the throttle (like the clutch is slipping) but the vehicle doesn't accelerate. I can smell the clutch burning when this happens. I have only had the car about a month but only been able to drive it a handful of times.

I purchased it in San Francisco so when I test drove it I was barely even able to get out of 2nd gear. I figure I should have noticed this when I test drove it but O well. Hope this helps and thanks for your time.