View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 04:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Ha that was for him to warm his finger between examinations - lol

He lives in Sunbury and was in my shed by 7.30am so had to keep him ticking over with tea and coffee!

I didn't have a plug to match up with the TKO mechanical speedo sensor or a reversing plug to suit the box and we were a bit confused by the Tremec instructions. I called Mal Woods and in talking to Mal realised the bluddy US-Mexicana instructions talking about driver's side fittings mean passenger side for us - DoH

Anyway am just chasing the reverse boot from Mal as my sparky recognised the sensor plug as one on about an XF or younger falcon. He knows his stuff as a trip to the pick-a-part and pocket yard yielded the right fitting.

Sparky left me the right cable connections to match up to the two TKO plugs when I get around to fitting these up along with a heap of final taping to be done.

One question I have in relation to the upper manifold gasket when I come to refit the manifold. Does the gasket go on clean or am I meant to apply some form of gasket sealant as well?

Anyway am coming off my weekend high - cobra electrics done Saturday and I went on to take out my yacht class State titles on the Sunday. This pissed off my youngest son who was sailing on the opposition boat, that up to the Sunday' had been in first place. Nothing like family rivalry as I sail with my eldest boy too.

Work continues to wind up for me so progress forward is likely to be slow but steady.

Cheers folks.

Slo