Thread: Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by prp289 View Post
Thanks for your replies. Time line for paint, looks like July ish.... I will be doing most of the body work and letting who ever I bring my car to finish it off and paint. Hope to meet you at one of your gatherings....Thanks again
prp289 / FYI:
If you want Ken to paint your ERA and you want it done to his high standard of quality, trust me when I say this, he is going to do the body work. I've had several discussions with Ken about this on projects we did together, and for a few friends as well. Call Ken before you start on your body and ask him first. It actually costs you more if you do the body work and fillers yourself, because he spends time paying his team to strip it all back off. I've painfully watched a few people try this before thinking they were saving money. The rare few times he has trusted other people's (incompatible) materials and work, it came out worse than if Ken just completed the work start to finish himself. He has perfected every layer that goes on the car for the glass, fillers, sealers and more long before the primer coats go on the car. Give him a call to get on the waiting list. Good luck. Feel free to send me a PM if I can assist in any way.