View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default LSC's Radiator's IMPORTANT

I know this forum isn't read or used very often, but I hope enough to get the word out to LS cobra owners.

I think a lot of you know me and that I have built an untold # of `100's of Cobras over the last 40 years. Since CR is now no longer and two Cobras that needed built I went to LSC's next.

Building TWINS, both with Fords new 351/427's with aluminum heads, and LSC's aluminum radiator I decided instead of using a "Boat" type Anode I would go with FLEXLITE NEW ANODE that screws in place of the drain plug.

It was only then that I realized LSC's did NOT have any way to drain their radiators, aka NO PETCOCKS!

After overcoming the shock I personally called AFCO getting a hold of RG Fortune (1-800-632-6255) he wanted to congratulate me on being the first person he knew of that was actually installing Anode's into any of his Aluminum Cobras. He told me to put out his name and number for any person that had questions as to why ANODES should be used with aluminum radiators with steel blocks.

It's called ELECTROLYSIS people. If you are unsure why, pop your radiator cap off and most likely you will see the results of not having an anode! It will have an "ACID" TYPE build up just like a battery left in a toy or camera to long. If your not convinced yet, and don't see any of this build up good, BUT go one strep farther and actually pull the water neck off to get to the thermostat.

If you have an aluminum radiator, cast iron heads or aluminum heads, especially with an MSD box or the likes and it has been running for 6 months or more you are surely going to see the need for an Anode.

DV