View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk 3
Not Ranked     

I have to live with this crap on a daily basis. The only thing I have found that stabilizes the fuel in the car over the winter is SeaFoam Motor Treatment. Both Gino and I put a pint in the tank in the fall, and the car fires flawlessly in the spring.
However, my customers fuel injection problems, lack of horsepower, etc, is the fault of the government. We are putting FOOD in our gas tank, at a rate far more expensive and damaging to the economy and environment that if we stayed with "normal" gasoline. Look what the federal government has done to the diesel pickups. None of them run the way they were designed because of the cetane rating. They were designed to be run on 50 cetane, like the feds told the manufacturers, then hurricane Katrina came and the oil companies told the feds they could only produce 35 to 38 cetane. That is what we are dealing with today.
I have 2 Cub Cadet tractors, a 68 and a 69. Both have to have the fuel tank removed and white particles flushed out every year. The particles look like shredded styrofoam. But, what has the federal government done for us that makes sense----TPMS? And, at what cost?
We are now talking about DELIBERATELY manufacturing fuel that is damaging to your car, AND voiding the warranty at the same time?

Tom