View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti-176 View Post
This is why I sacrificed on some of the things I wanted on my car. I looked around for a long time for what I wanted, but ended up buying one already registered in NY that was "Close".
To me it was worth it to not have to jump thru hoops for the registration and then make the changes I wanted. I am almost done with the cosmetic stuff so it will look right, then comes a different heart.

Good Luck,
Dan
Yea I'll search NYS first. Gonna make sure it has that yellow sticker. If not Nick doesn't cost much to take care of it all. I just have to make sure I have receipts for the motor and trans. So far most people are not the first owners and don't have them. If I buy a car and go through the process and it turns out an engine is stolen they can take the car.. How do they determine if the motor or trans is stolen? Where do they look? I know my 68 motor has a VIN on the deck, but what if I had it decked..? There would be no VIN. I have a friend that lives next door to me. He said he would look up any VIN numbers I wanted to see if there stolen. Where do the field ops guys look when it's done?