View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     
Default Bob - Turn signal and brake light problems #782

Bob (and other electrical guys) at one time I had all of my lights, blinkers, brake lights, etc working perfect. I went for a drive Sat morning and realized my dash indicator was not blinking on right turn signals. I've been checking it out this morning and here is what I have so far:

- headlights, front signal lights and both tail lights are burning OK
- right side turn signals and dash indicator light do not work front or rear.
- right brake light do not work.
- left front turn signal blinks (along with dash indicator) but rear left turn signal in the rear does not.
- left brake light work.
- left rear flasher works when brake is pushed to activate the brake lights.

- pulled, inspected and tested the #5 fuse and both trailer relay fuses for continuity and they were all fine.
- went through all the grounds in the rear (tail lights and ground to frame) to make sure tight and tooth washers were on them.
- swithched the bulbs in the rear tail lights and inspected - no change in any of the above.
- hooked up test light and I only have power to the left side trailer relay fuse when brake lights applied - none on the right.

I know the turn signal switch could be a problem but the trailer relay for the brake lights is fed by a single wire from the brake switch and then it splits the circuit to both rear lights. This obviously is not happening inside the relay so my thinking is the trailer relay has gone bad.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

As always - thanks for any help.