View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     

I have 15"'s

I had MT S/R's on my car (rear) and really liked them but I only got about 13K miles out of them. So I decided to go with more of a "street" tire. I was going to go with the MT S/T then I found out Mickey Thompson is owned by Cooper. The Cooper "Cobra" radial appeared to be the exact same tire as the MT S/T (tread is identical) and they were about $50 less so I went with the Coopers.

I'm not happy with my choice, the Coopers feel "soft" in the sidewall and I can feel my car moving side to side (wondering) while driving. Now I am wondering if the case from MT S/T may be stiffer than the Cooper Cobra and the two models just share tread design. I don't have any way of telling, I just know my car felt better with the MT S/R's.

I don't know that I want to make a $450 experiment to find out if the MT S/T has a stiffer side wall than the Cooper. If it does it might be a good option for those who do mostly street driving and need a 15" tire.

hope this helps some,
mike