View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Above I said I would move the hood bracket down another 1/2" if I was doing it again. In thinking about this a little more, just moving the rear of the latch bracket down a slight amount would give you more benefit. If you look at the front long slot, as the rod slides back it can also bind at the top when it hits the very back ramp. Remember you don't want to drop the front anymore as that is counter productive. The front just wants to be a little lower than the hood when closed. That being said the benefit of still moving the hood bracket down another 1/2" is to insure that you hit steel in at least the lower hole allowing for a machine screw. But with production variances the steel may still not be there. Note that bracket is closer to the inside to where the steel may, could, or should be.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger