View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Simonz

Whilst these cars are under a Thread "Another Kirkham for sale" they are in fact not Kirkham supplied cars. And not a Kirkham...

I have a Kirkham and would love to see the prices for Kirkhams at this high end, but unfortunately or fortunately, a buyer is paying for a continuation genuine built Shelby with a CSX plaque and a CSX number from Shelby's shop.

It is the buyers call if they want the plaque and the CSX number and possibly the higher value and price - this has and could be argued at length on the value of having a continuation Shelby car..

Whilst the body was supplied - as every aluminium one is - from Kirkham to Shelby the cars are then given the CSX number and the 90mm x 45mm dash plaque with the CSX number by Shelby and painted and finished there at Shelby.

When I was at Shelby I asked about a brushed aluminium car and Shelby did not want to supply the car in brushed aluminium but told me their workshop always painted as the bodies were supplied in file finish ready for filler coats and paint.

The cars are at Duttons in Melbourne, Richmond. I can only guess that the aluminium bare car was supplied un finished and was brushed off site - that is unless Shelby changed their policy and sold this car in brushed.

Jeff Dutton is the best person to talk with. Jeff knows the full detailed history of both cars and also is a friend of David Rodd. David has a number of high end cars, I am not sure why he is selling this car.

He does have a CSX numbered early red slab side Cobra still I believe.

Both cars have been supplied by Shelby according to the sales guy I spoke too. Both have the continuation CSX numbers and paperwork.

Further information can be obtained from the Shelby register.

The keeper of the register is Ned Scudder in San Diego California. He is NedSel on the Forum.

I will be in San Diego next week and could follow up.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing..

Send me a PM and we can talk on the phone as I am in Paris now.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026