View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys - but after following Professor Patrick's electical circuit testing procedures for a week, harassing Bob, moping around wondering what the heck is wrong, purchasing several trailer relays (fortunately cheap at $8 at Summit), countless hours of looking at the wiring schematic and reading Bob's Electrical Primer until I was dreaming about them - when I looked inside that wheel well and saw that green wire hanging loose - well, I felt about 2 ft tall.

Not my dumbest move ever either - but one of the longer playing ones which makes them seem even more painful. The short term ones, like when I overlooked an oil filter gasket sticking to the engine, installed a filter over the top of it and pumped/sprayed 4 quarts of synthetic oil all over the ground and engine compartment - well, at least I had that cleaned up in an hour and it seemed less painful. Three years later, my driveway still beads water in that area when it rains.

Oh well - I got to go for a ride this morning so all is well. Now I think I have a leaking brake master cylinder - but I'm better mechanically than I am electrically.