View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

I was in the process of changing over nylocs for crush nuts that lead to this misfortune.

I did too discover that slight variance in bolts as I found an almost exact match bolt the only difference being a non-interferrence fit into the stub axle hole.

Given I am likely to have to completely remove the diff or thereabouts, I might contemplate complete change over of all the bolts to fresh ones to avoid this recurring.

The specified torque was 75Nm and am sure the offending bolt had already suffered weakness from previous tightening. But I didn't recognise this as I tried to reach the prescribed tension and the bolt wouldn't attain the torque setting and simply let go when it had had enough!

Iva if I could clear the disc clutter from the side face of the diff, does this mean that simply undoing that large locking nut on the outboard face of the stub axle would free it in the diff?

Trying to keep the pain of disassembly to a minimum but if there also needs some applied force to get the stub axle out, this might force me to drop the whole unit.

Any further feedback you can offer would be great.

Cheers

Steve