View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Reverse auditor's luck

Was working from home today and actually got time to really work from home on the beast!

Last thing I did last Sunday was to drop the drive shaft to give me some more room in advance of further investigations. My first visit under the car was to gauge how much work was in dropping the whole diff. A ****e load it appeared.

I then got into the space vacated by the prop shaft and hello that upper calliper bolt was not only visible but accessible.

I joke with clients about auditor's luck finding issues of non-conformance simply by luck. So the discovery of a means to remove the calliper and disc has to be reverse luck.

Anyway the photos show a good result though with one small hurdle to over come.

Anyway the issue as I was first looking at it.

With a bit of work, what I was left with - woo hoo!!

However jag advice I did get was to remove the drive shaft complete with its mounting flange and not via the large central nut, both as can be seen here

Removed the flange nuts plus three associated with a calliper fitting, however I've had no luck pulling the stub flange out.

Can anyone advise on my next best step to remove the flange and so be able to reinsert a replacement bolt?

This has saved me a huge amount of lost time so I am really happy but don't want to gallop into further parts removal and cause myself some more grief.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers gang

Steve