View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofastr View Post
Are parking brakes required?

I'd like to know before I go through the trouble to put them back on.

Jeff, will we see you driving soon?

Ron,
Yes. Any competent B&L inspector who's willing to issue a cert (and keep their license) is likely to check your parking brake. Some times they will ask you to put the brake on, and try to push the car to see if it holds. I'd stay away from the runaround in Sac/Roseville and try Auburn first. Some of the few remaining B&L check shops might freak out when they see your car at first, so if you can go there in person without your car and run it by them first, might be better to get a feel for who will inspect it. They might need to remove your wheels if they cannot see the pads, etc. No, the BAR referee does not do a B&L certification to issue the cert itself, but once you do get to the BAR station/ref, they do check to make sure lights/blinkers are operational and will be looking for your completed and signed B&L certification along with all your other application papers, receipts for the build - if questions arise. Good Luck.