View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     
Default Big Block Weber Linkage

I am working on a Weber setup for my FE and curious about the linkage. I have the linkage components as supplied by Pierce Manifolds. It is a center bellcrank on a stand with individual arms to each side, pushing on the carb lever arm. Both sides are adjustable so as to set idle. I've attached a picture of it.

Looking at some of the other setups and Jim Inglese' site, I am seeing the bellcrank only connecting to one side then a cross bar connecting from one carb bank to the other - ala small block style.

Looking at Comp's catalog and the eBay stores, I see they are selling big block linkage that again uses individual arm connections from the bellcrank to the carbs.

So, doing my research, I don't find many pictures of Big Block Fords with a canted manifold and Webers. To the guys who have them, how about a few pictures?

I did find a thread condemning the crossbar style linkage, saying it would not correctly sync one side to the other. Not sure I buy this 100% unless the user's linkage didn't have his geometry correct.

How about pictures of comments on the best linkage setup for a canted big block

Thanks

Paul
Attached Images