View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum. Have you tried calling the mobile number on their website? Home | Cobra Car Kits

I ordered my Harrison kit nearly 5 years ago and there were a few problems with the body being aligned 15mm to the right over the front wheels (left wheel rubbed badly) and the engine mounting points on the frame (ordered to suit LS) were not even in the ballpark - harmonic balancer too close to the power steering rack and the bell housing touched the tunnel. I had my local engineer fix these problems at my expense.

You might also want to ask about the condition of the fibreglass body molds. I've heard recently of cars delivered with large gaps along the seams where the mold comes together - requiring lots of body work to straighten out. We're talking more than a few mm here.

My body had quite a few voids just under the gelcoat, mainly over the rear wheel arches but also the front cowl where it meets the doors at the top. I will be going over all edges with a small hammer before final paint.

Have you spoken to any other kit manufacturers along the east coast?