View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
hi all
I was just wondering what sort of budgets people are allowing for there build to hit the road just a ball park fig will do . and what stage are you buying your kits at ie just the body and chassis kit or a full roller .
im just wondering what it would cost to put one of these babys on the road .

cheers dean
Dean,

My assembled rolling chassis with the Trigo 15" knock-off wheels, M/T tyres, Steering wheel and LSD with hardened gearset owes me just under $39K (that included the freight to get it to me).

I'm going to be running a new LSA supercharged 6.2. The overall complete cost of the LSA, transmission and engine controller package (believe it or not) is the same in the end as an vanilla LS3, trans and engine controller combo.

I'm buying the Pace comprehensive package using all new parts. The car on the road including engineering should cost approx. $75K complete with trimming and engineering, less paint.

Even though I own a bodyshop and will paint the car myself, I'm allowing $8-10K for paint (my body was one of the early ones and while the body is generally awesome, it still needs some bodywork/shaping before it can receive topcoat).

So...if you budget $85K all up, you should be good.

Cheers,
Sime