View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

It's pretty interesting to see all the posts on this subject. I remember back in the mid to late 70s they said the car scene and value of hot rods and muscle cars was declining and dead. Then they popped in the mid 80s and died off a bit in the early 90s. Then a huge up tic occurred around 2000 when the automotive manufactures starting selling cool performance Mustangs, Camaros and such. I think there are a lot of guys and gals out there in their late 20s and 30s that would love to get a Cobra but as mentioned earlier in the post the price has moved up and out of their reach. When you look at Superformance rollers at $60K now and CSX and Kirkham rollers at $95K would think their volumes are falling off quite a bit. The new generation isn't traditional like us so they don't really car about original appearing car or equipment like a 427 FE or webers etc but they do like the modern powertrains like the Coyote etc so I think we are going to continue to see the replica industry turn to that direction. Unless the high end manufacturers are satisfied with their current sales then I would expect to see some of the pricing pull back.