View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Turnkey & Turnkey Minus Pricing

Firstly, If I'm out of line anywhere here I apologise in advance but just trying to research a theory.
Was hoping to get a bit of a guide from you guys on what you feel a good value price is for turn key & turn key minus cars?
I must admit with the cost of labour in our country I dont know how AP is able to offer their quality of kit for the price they do but I'm just talking about an average nicely finished Cobra.
From my research it seems most kit suppliers are looking for upward of $125k for a complete turn key car, that's with something like a Coyote. Am I close on this?
But are they actually selling many?
When I see cars on carsales over $100k they seem to take a while to sell. We sold a couple of cars with pretty high end donks but they seem to top out at $100k or did we sell them too cheap?
I'm talking just a nicely finished Cobra but brand new with a Coyote or an efi 331 or similar, complete ready for rego.
Where do you guys feel turn key minus needs to be priced at? I'm talking painted, wheels & tyres just requiring engine transmission but with as many ADR compliant issues resolved as possible?
Do you think there is a market for this type of option or are we all really in it for the fun of the build?

Again I apologise if this breach's any of the forum guidelines and if so could someone let me know and I'll take it down.
Cheers for any feedback.