View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Another good weekend's work

Managed two out of three targets over the weekend past.

The Yellow and Black bellowed for once and I managed to fit up the rodeo accelerator pedal into final position as seen in the photos below. So two good results.

The G-Force accelerator pivot point was through the heavy bracket that can be seen end on just above and to the left of the accelerator pedal.

I used this as the anchor point for the plate the pedal assembly was bolted to and which can be seen behind the accelerator.

Side view better shows the plate attachment point. The backing plate is about 15mm off the firewall at the top and 25mm at the bottom.

I set the pedal somewhat further in than the brake to help with heel and toe action but it may need further adjustment later. Best thing is that this now gives me the two return spring actions I need on the accelerator cable.

You can also see how much I bent the pedal arm up for it to suit my original set up. However it operates well and the pedal wont jamb on anything now, a risk the previous set up posed.

This last picture shows the car set up to try and achieve the 3rd target which was a first start of the new motor. But she wouldn't fire.

It was right at end of day but I did learn that I hadn't tightened some of the fuel connections at the rear. So had to fix these amongst a very small splash of petrol thankfully first.

Have managed a GoPro video of the attempt but am stuck as to how to downsize it enough to upload to Photobucket. Currently around 400MB size.

Anyway pretty boring listening first to me and then the car turning over to no effect.

So a bit of investigation now to see why no action. Sounded quite dead like it had either no spark or fuel (or both) getting where it should.

You will know about it though when the beast is running.

Cheers

Steve