View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

I actually disagree with you on this one Craig. Your basis of theory is we are all adults and therefore should have the maturity to review our comments before we hit 'post'.
As Mike suggests, would we say in person what we type? I'd suggest not unless we've had a skinful and then....well....we wouldn't be acting as we would normally anyway. So the objective is flawed as we know people hit post without thinking what the perceived inflection will be.

I think a moderators action sets the standard we desire. I'm not suggesting it should be sanitized or big brothered, just a standard set. When vindictive posts are created and continue its not about the cars or the mate ship anymore, it's just plain nasty and has an ill effect of people's lives and business.

So I'm for a standard being set. I know many won't agree, and that's ok. It's just my perspective on how forum members may see a way forward in feeling its worth being a part of it again. We all require some governance and perhaps it may have resulted in much of the reason people leaving not happening in the first place!

There is a reason many are no longer active and/or leaving on the forum and it isn't because it's being over moderated in my opinion.

Spookypt