View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

slowy, I know nothing about this Ford motor, but I will try to lend a hand with generic suggestions!
  • timing for the computer is coming from either cam sensor or crank sensor, so if one or both are wrong something won't work. If the cam sensor is "irrelevant" then why is it there? Of course it's not irrelevant, that signal is used by the computer for something
  • how old is the fuel?
  • do you have enough fuel pressure?
  • did you ever take any of the mechanicals of the engine apart, like timing chain off, or more likely was the dizzy taken out and hence maybe put back incorrectly?
  • if the computer is sequential injection are the injectors wired to the correct injector plugs? (I mean so its not firing injector 8 when it should be firing injector 1)
  • remember I said I know nothing about this motor, but if you have a dizzy is the cap on in the correct orientation and check that it is not cracked or damaged (inside and out)
  • dizzy or not, are the spark plug leads going to correct numbered cylinder?
  • after some attempts at starting, turn it off and quickly pull a plug, is it damp/wet or smell petrol? If it is, and you know you're getting spark in that cylinder, then the spark timing is wrong, refer cam/crank sensor.

If you answer the above points with confidence that will go a long way to reducing the areas to look.

Ben