View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Ben

Thanks for the comments.

Am led to understand the cam sensor does aid in setting injector timing but have also read that if it is out the system compensates and the car should still run but not as well as it might.

I'm not so convinced myself so might still play on this. Set up does look like your photo so have to be close. Might be pointing around 7 o'clock will check.

Fresh fuel and it is an EFI motor.

Engine dis-assembly ha ha ha but you might not know the history of this motor. My accident that forced the rebuild also caused one passenger engine mount casting to snap on the block.

Engine had a full strip down and rebuild into a replacement block. However given Don Stafford did this, I'd hope like crazy he got the re-assembly right.

Loom was played with but no chance of a change in the injector links.

Did double check the lead layout, might recheck just for comfort but don't believe these are wrong either.

Had read too about slipping balancer I thought it was. No idea how to check this but have worked from #1 piston at TDC comp for the cam sensor reference so unless it's location feeds to the crank sensor, being misaligned shouldn't cause grief.

Will continue to play.

Cheers

Steve