View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

It was an R&R job on the whole motor albeit I had Don fit aftermarket alloy heads so should all be good to go with the ancillaries attached.

Fresh plugs in it and it is acting like there is a mis-timing occurring, but whether that is spark or fuel or both I haven't worked out.

Given it was a Wellco build you'd like to think Don hasn't misaligned the timing chain by a link for example but I do not believe that is the case.

Assuming the cam sensor was correctly aligned at refit but my removal has now misaligned is the only variable between what I received assembled and have taken off in between times. Else it has been simply to refit the upper manifold and various intake sensors, reattach leads and the fuel supply..

The loom rework had the loom laid out around the various fitting locations previously set for so I can't see this as an issue.

Anyone own one of those Ford cam sensor tools as perhaps the accurate way of ensuring cam sensor refit?

Any other suggestions guys?

It is frustrating the heck out of me cause I've got to be that close!!

Slowy