View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

After researching everyone else's part numbers it's clear Superformance uses what ever slave in on the menu of the day. After several tours on the internet I stumbled across a Duralast slave part# 12413 that was a match. On Rock Auto 's website they had the same slave listed as being produced by 8 different manufactures. They all cross referenced each other and the slave is a generic to be used on whatever vehicle you think it will fit.

I found mine on line at Auto Zone for a whopping $14.99 with a non adjustable clutch rod. I do not understand the non-adjustable clutch rod?????? I put the slave back on with the 6 shims that space the slave back from the mount as it was when I removed it. Before I ran a double nut back and forth to adjust the clutch....now I'm thinking I just got lucky. It is buttery smooth and perfectly adjusted. I'm thinking that if it needs adjustment in the future I just have to either add shims or remove shims to the slave. Does this make any sense to anyone else. Everyone I've talked to has an adjustable rod that they made from a grade 8 bolt like I had before this. Hmmmmmmmmm !