View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Back to basics....

Thanks Herr Stiffness

Getting back to the basics of engine operation I know getting it started comes down to three basic items, have I - fuel, compression and spark.

The motor as built is absolutely fine for compression and the checks I've had to do for timing are spot on - so the compression side and hence the motor rebuild is excellent. And as said earlier no different than what I would have expected from Wellco.

So the motor is good but it has to be this nuff nuff not getting other settings and ancillaries under my control set up correctly.

The fuel pressure I will check shortly but there is evidence of fuel arriving at the cylinders. If this proves to be at the pressure needed then I can tick fuel supply off the list.

However the timing of fuel arrival may be out care of my cam sensor setting and this needs attention.

And this also leaves my coil pack layout to be reviewed. I have confirmed spark but need to confirm this is happening at the right time and to the cylinders in the right order (I might have leads in the wrong sequence).

As an ex-auto machinist I always had confidence in and an understanding of the rotating parts.

It is clearly those bits outside of the motor that I've had less experience with that are causing me this grief.

It's a great but frustrating learning curve I guess.

Hopefully will be able to post a real first start video soon.

Cheers guys

Slo