Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny66 View Post
Thought I'd chime in here, as I had initially contacted Lund about installing the Ghost Tune for the build of my BDR #1234 with Coyote in S. Florida last June. I wanted the reliability of the Coyote with the lopey idle "cam" sound of an old school engine. Here is my real world impression of the tune...

Sounds awesome at idle. However, as Jay indicates, there are "drive ability" issues. Namely, it will stumble and backfire something nasty when driving and more importantly, it WILL stall out quite a bit (had some close calls on the road with this!). Upon contacting Lund, and only after the fact, he mentions that the ghost tune is not really meant for real world driving, more for just shows (would have been nice if he stated this before we installed it!). As a result, I pretty much now just keep it in the regular tune and switch it to the Ghost tune when I feel like turning some heads Point of note...if you do go for the tune, make sure you have a manual fuel pump shutoff switch installed. The tune download requires "key on" for quite some time which always drained my battery. Needed to jump start after every download until I got the switch installed.

Jay, as I understand from Reg that you guys are working a lot with Lund these days, have you gotten him to improve these drive ability characteristics at all? Seems like he just needed some prodding to invest the time to improve the tune. Would be great to be able to drive more reliably in Ghost Tune mode.

Feel free to contact me with any questions on this.

Here's where our approach is unique, every single coyote car we deliver is uniquely tuned by Lund on our Dynojet. Let me type that again... Every Coyote car we deliver now is run on our Dynojet with a base tune and then tweeked and retuned by Lund.

We now have a priceless library of results on the chassis dyno in these cars and it's paying off.

The Cobra oval air cleaner eats 50rwhp or more, the Roush oval air cleaner eats 40rwhp, the small block BDR factory headers will not support over 500rwhp, the drivetrain loss of a tremec in a BDR is below 15%...

We are now entering the modified Coyote realm with some new builds. Hold on...