View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Here's where our approach is unique, every single coyote car we deliver is uniquely tuned by Lund on our Dynojet. Let me type that again... Every Coyote car we deliver now is run on our Dynojet with a base tune and then tweeked and retuned by Lund.

We now have a priceless library of results on the chassis dyno in these cars and it's paying off.

The Cobra oval air cleaner eats 50rwhp or more, the Roush oval air cleaner eats 40rwhp, the small block BDR factory headers will not support over 500rwhp, the drivetrain loss of a tremec in a BDR is below 15%...

We are now entering the modified Coyote realm with some new builds. Hold on...
Glad to hear your are going down the road of a performance shop. The ONLY way to do this correctly and provide each coyote equipped car as refined as you can is do provide a tune per car. The whole idea of a "generic map" for every coyote car is ridiculous. I'm understand the need for base maps to get tune started but each car needs its own tune to be the best it can be. Is Jon Lund tuning remotely for you or does he come to your shop? I know he in the North East I just wasn't sure. The tests that your are running and the library of all the effects are going to be tremendous for specifying future builds for your customers. When using the forged coyote crate motors are you guys turning up the boost on 93 octane? I noticed some of your videos were appearing to be putting down about 550rwhp.....not that its needed but I was thinking you probably aren't leaning on the blown coyote builds to hard considering they can put down 700+rwhp on pump gas in mustangs. Not sure if it was a drivetrain restriction or what. Congrats and keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing a BDR coyote seems like an awful hard combo to beat for turnkey performance and efficiency / reliability.