View Single Post
Old 04-09-2002, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Oh Large One, for putting up all three shots.

Dave, that particular car can often be seen at events on the West Coast. I saw it a few years back at Monterey, and it's a good bet it'll return this year (Corvette featured marque + Corvette-powered Lister, etc.). The car looks absolutely beastly in person and has the largest hood bulge of any Lister I've ever seen. I don't know what the story is behind it--the owner was nowhere to be found when I saw it at Monterey--but I hope to find out. From the bulge to the gills to the polished rivets all over a pretty flawless black paint job, it's clear that somebody has gone over it with an eye for style. I don't know how the car looked when it left the Lister factory all those years ago, but it's a safe bet it was nothing like the way it appears now.

As an aside, Brian Lister must be a pretty nice guy. I wrote him in Cambridge, England a while back. He recently sent me a handwritten reply, along with a set of about a dozen cards depicting various Listers, with a small historical write-up on each one on the back. Neat stuff--

Bob