View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

Jake et al,

Here's a thought for those returning to Washington on Saturday.

Head to Camp 18 on Hwy 26 for lunch. Then home via OR103 to Hwy 202 to OR47 to Hwy 30 to I5 to home.

https://goo.gl/maps/vLyhA
Camp 18 Restaurant - Dining, Event Room, Conference Rooms in Elsie, Oregon 97138

I'm awaiting word from the Cascade Cobra crew on their thoughts of this route.

Bruce

DonC comments on FFCars:

Bruce:
103 to Jewel, (Jewel is pretty much just a wide spot in the road) 202 and then 47 on to 30 is a doable route. Haven't driven 47 to Clatskanie but have driven the southern part of it from Scapoose through Vernonia and out to 26. One of our preferred short hops for lunch runs. Scenery is pretty consistent with driving through forests, lots of trees. Road should be o.k. for paving. Haven't been over the northern part of it this season but the southern part was fine.
Turning south at Clatskanie will give you access to the bridge at Longview per my previous post and cut out having to drive through Portland and the associated traffic. Also cuts out about 60 Mi. of driving on the way home.
Don't count on any services between 26 and Clatskanie but it's within tank range from the coast. Clatskanie has lots of fuel and fast food places. A couple of restaurants but I've never eaten there so I can't recommend anything beyond the fast food places.
DonC