View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Think I am seeing advice backing up the 91C operating temperature using say the TT2000-195 thermostat. This is what I have in mine.

Clearly then my thermo fan sensor needs to operate somewhat above this minimum. I am not going to go for rewiring into the ECU, even if possible, as I've wiring already set to the thermo sensor for fan operation based on whatever sensor I use.

The temp gauge is reading off the bypass pipe sensor which is the standard location and this is also talking to the ECU I believe for other engine management.

So I need to look at a thermo fan sensor operating at an open temp of say 100C with shut down at 95C perhaps.

This theoretically gives me a min max range between 91 and 100C.

However as also mentioned my sensor is located at the inlet rather than outlet side of the radiator so am not sure how this might change my fan sensor opening temp decision.

A new thermo sensor is more pricey than a thermostat but I'd rather have the engine running at an appropriate temperature than worry over a few dollars.

Anyone see any failing in my logic above?

Cheers