View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: PACE427 under construction
Not Ranked     
Default Emissions compliant crate engines

I thought I'd put this out there particularly to the QLD members

I was wondering whether there were any crate engine suppliers out of California (as I'd heard that they had strict emissions testing in this state) who could supply acceptable emissions data to enable Aust and particularly QLD registration.

Obviously up here in QLD where individual engine testing is not a requirement, engineers can sign off on engines that have documentation supporting their compliance as they left the factory.

Does anyone know how ADR 37/01 compares to American standards - these guys I contacted in California use all "smog legal" components and all engines come with a CARB compliant smog legal sticker - see below.

"Just as an example here is the 347 we supply with that comes with a CARB compliant smog legal sticker issued from the state.. CHP Street Fighter Short Block - Ford 347 Reverse Dome -14.2cc

There are parts that come smog legal and specific so you do not fail emissions test.. Obviously the block will pass inspectors won’t know what’s in it. Heads are the same there are smog legal aftermarket heads and same for the cam and intake. So as long as we build it with all smog legal/ CARB complaint parts. We will be ok.."