Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscobras View Post

Give up the gum though, the patch is easier to keep lit.

LMAO...brings to mind an old story about Turk.

I had driven to Sacto in the Cobra to meet up with Turk and Pat, and then to meet Lori and the girls for a choir concert (both girls had made All-State Choir). Left Pat's to drive into downtown on 50 when one of the damn bronze distributor gears let go from trying to run the solid lifter roller cam (which is why I switched back to the flat tappet cam which has never had a problem since). Not much time to make it to the concert, so I called them and they drove out in Pat's Suburu and Turk's Cobra. Idea was for me to jump in to the Suburu and get on to the concert while they yanked the distributor to take back to pat's to fit a new gear on (Pat was getting damn good at this...fixed mine several times on trips). Anyway, they decided Turk better stay with my Cobra which was parked on the side of the freeway. So Pat and I take off and there's Turk sitting on the side of the road. He soon found out he didn't have a lighter or matches.

So he's going nuts for a smoke. Tells us later that he tried using a piece of broken glass and the sun, but that didn't work. Finally flags down a car just to get a cigarette lit, and then chain smoked the rest of the time. I mean, who else but Turk would do that.

When we later all met up, I told him I had some Nicorettes in the map pocket, and that he should've taken the opportunity to try them out. Turk explained that he found them and did try them out. Said he rubbed two of the foil packs together for several minutes, but he couldn't get a spark out of them.

Last edited by Jamo; 07-04-2014 at 11:46 PM..